Virtual City and Multiplayer Playground Hypatia Reveals Future Content and Celebrates Successful Launch with Double Bit Days Event
After its successful launch in August — when over 4000 players downloaded the game to become citizens within a matter of days — developer TimefireVR is moving forward with some exciting new updates, new events, and more for Hypatia — their free-to-play social game and persistent virtual city that’s shaped by the imagination of its residents. The city’s “Grand Opening” was just the beginning.
Through extensive R&D, careful moderation and regular, continuous updates, TimefireVR has created a safe, family-friendly world where players can explore their creative side to their fullest potential. Players from around the world can sculpt, paint, curate photographs, perform on stage and play with others in a multitude of online activities found throughout the globally-inspired environments of Hypatia. The artistic works of Hypatia’s citizens impact the evolution of the city itself — permanently!
Timefire has revealed Hypatia’s update roadmap of what new content and features to expect within the coming months and into 2019; here’s just a quick sample:
- Next: Player-owned public property to host social gatherings and contribute new experiences to the community!
- Next: Player-owned private property to purchase and decorate
- Next: The ability to create lavish, permanent voxel-based sculptures
- Next: New musical instruments to make all types of music to your heart’s content
- Next: Set the scene and direct epic in-game movies with props galore!
- Next: Climb structures and see Hypatia from new vantage points
- Future Update: New landmarks to visit, including an Opera House and Sports Arena
- Future Update: Adorable and loyal pets and the addition of P2P trading
Already available through several updates since launch are quality-of-life fixes and the addition of new items! Players now have access to new avatar skins such as the Birdman Angel Bot, the retro hi-fi inspired Vintage Squarebot, and the very summer appropriate, Dipped Ice Cream. View the complete Hypatia roadmap here: https://uberstrategist.link/
A city would be nothing without its citizens, so Timefire has additionally announced the new community Double Bit Days event, available now and all day through to Sunday, September 16. Players can earn twice as many bits (Hypatia’s in-game currency) by contributing to the Photography Museum, the Art Studio, the Du Nul Theater, and completing various quests. Players can use bits to purchase new avatar items, wacky toys, and more at various shops and vendors. For more info about Hypatia’s Double Bit Days, visit: https://uberstrategist.link/
Hypatia supports seated, standing, and room-scale VR for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as standard non-VR play. It is available now for Windows PC for free through Steam and the Oculus Store.
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.
- Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/