INTELLIVISION REVEALS INITIAL DETAILS FOR THE UPCOMING AMICO HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLE!
GROUNDBREAKING CONSOLE APPROACHES GAMING AND THE ENTIRE GAME INDUSTRY IN A COMPLETELY UNIQUE WAY
IRVINE, CA, October 22, 2018 – Almost 40 years after the release of the original Intellivision home video game system which helped to redefine the video game industry, Intellivision Entertainment is proud to carry on its “Legacy of Firsts” by announcing the brand new revolutionary family home video game console named Amico to be released on October 10th, 2020 (1010 2020). Amico is the Italian word for “friend” or “buddy” and encapsulates an element of the approach and dynamics for what makes the new console so unique and an exciting addition to everyone’s family.
“We are creating a console that parents WANT to buy, not that they were asked to buy,” stated Intellivision president and 30 year industry veteran Tommy Tallarico during his keynote address over the weekend at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Tallarico went on to say, “Most every game being made for the home consoles these days is created with only the hardcore gamer in mind. We see a world where everyone is interested in playing at home and with friends, but this isn’t currently possible because the barrier to entry is nearly impossible for a non-gamer due to the complexity of the controllers, intricacy of gameplay, expense of the hardware and software and steep learning curve with an unbalanced fun factor for the beginner. Our goal was to create a console that both gamers and non-gamers are able to have fun with and play together. The Intellivision Amico is our answer to this gaping hole we see within the current video game industry.”
Intellivision Entertainment continues to build upon its gaming legacy with support and expertise from industry veterans and superstars, including longtime product manager/producer/marketer Jason Enos (involved in over 100 products launches, including the Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Contra, Dance Dance Revolution, Silent Hill, TEKKEN, Ace Combat, Dragon Ball Z, Monopoly and PAC-MAN franchises), Perrin Kaplan (Zebra Partners, former Nintendo VP of Marketing & Corporate Affairs; launched the Nintendo Wii®, Nintendo DS, Super Nintendo, Nintendo Gamecube, N64), Beth Llewlyn (Zebra Partners, former Nintendo PR; launched the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Pokemon), Scott Tsumura (Tozai Games, formerly co-founder and President of Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, and a pioneer in the early days of arcade game production, including Moon Patrol, Kung Fu Master, 10 Yard Fight, etc.), Phil Adam (Founder of Spectrum Holobyte, President & VP of Interplay Productions, helped introduce Tetris to the world), André LaMothe (Hardware Evangelist, programmer, designer, author, over 750 products to market, artificial intelligence design for NASA) and advisor David Perry (Earthworm Jim, Disney’s Aladdin, founder of Shiny Entertainment and co-founder of Gaikai cloud gaming utilized in the Sony PlayStation 4).
Game industry analyst and Wedbush Securities Managing Director of Equity Research Michael Pachter commented, “I think it’s about time somebody focused on families with kid-friendly games. Intellivision has a long history of delivering content that everybody can enjoy, and with the revived console priced right, I expect it to be immensely successful. The company has the right leadership and is positioned in an underserved niche, I think the re-launch will be a home run.”
“Intellivision Entertainment is also proud to announce that it joins console manufacturers Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo as the fourth game console company to be an active member of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). The ESA’s mission is dedicated to serving the business and public affairs needs of the video game industry as well as owning and operating the Electronic Entertainment Exposition (E3).”
INTELLIVISION AMICO™ FEATURES AND INFORMATION:
- US $149 – $179
- October 10, 2020 (1010 2020)
- All games are family friendly and rated “E for Everyone” or “E10+”.
- Every game version on the console is EXCLUSIVE.
- Quality over quantity! All games must past a strict quality control seal of approval.
- Balanced gameplay and design for Equal Opportunity Gaming™ for all.
- All games are downloadable and between US $2.99 – $7.99.
- No costly DLC (Downloadable Content) add-on’s or “In-App Purchases”.
- Launch to include several built-in reimagined Intellivision Classics (pre-installed in every console) and over 20 games including both reimagined industry classics and brand new exclusive titles via the Intellivision Online Store.
- 2 wireless Bluetooth controllers (up to 8 player compatible and connectivity)
- 3 ½ inch (2:3 aspect ratio) Color Touchscreen
- Pioneering tilting positional disc with surrounding interactive LED border
- 4 arcade-style tactile feedback buttons
- Gyroscope & Accelerometer
- Force feedback
- Controller to be used horizontally or vertically including dominant left or right hand usage.
- Qi (pronounced “CHEE”) wireless onboard charging
- Free downloadable app enables mobile phones as additional controllers (up to 8 players)
- State of the Art 21st Century 2D Image Processing and Graphics Capability
- Intellivision Prism™ Onboard Interactive Lighting Technology.
- WiFi/BT & Ethernet Connectivity
- HDMI Video Output
- Multiple USB Ports
- System Expansion Interface.
- Intellivision Online Store for the ability to purchase additional software.
- Multi-player online gaming and structured multi-tiered tournament play.
- Time & Space Leaderboard System™ which includes high scores by locations and calendar.
- Trophy/Achievement rewards system which awards unique accomplishments to each player.
- Includes updated graphics, modernized audio, additional levels, multi-player modes (local and online), tournament modes AND MORE!
- Intellivision Classics REIMAGINED and REMADE EXCLUSIVELY for the Intellivision Amico:
- Astrosmash, Shark! Shark!, Baseball, Night Stalker, Skiing, Math Fun, SNAFU, Utopia, Frog Bog, Boxing, Bowling, Triple Action, Tron Deadly Discs, Cloudy Mountain: Crown of Kings, Star Strike, Horse Racing, Auto Racing, B-17 Bomber AND MORE!
- Atari Classics REIMAGINED and REMADE EXCLUSIVELY for the Intellivision Amico:
- Pong, Asteroids, Centipede, Tempest, Adventure, Missile Command, Yar’s Revenge, Breakout, Lunar Lander, Night Driver, Sky Diver, Warlords
- Imagic Classics REIMAGINED and REMADE EXCLUSIVELY for the Intellivision Amico:
- Microsurgeon, Atlantis, Demon Attack, Dracula, Beauty and the Beast, Ice Trek, Swords & Serpents, Dragonfire, Truckin’ AND MORE!
- Miner 2049er
- Super Burgertime
- Bad Dudes
- Caveman Ninja
- Moon Patrol
- 10 Yard Fight
- Lode Runner
- Kung-Fu Master
- MotoRace USA
- Tropical Angel
- ToeJam & Earl